Sunday, April 3, 2011

HELP LOCAL ENFORCEMENT: 3 More Bill Co-Sponsors (Jenkins, McKinley & Myrick)

Reps. Lynn Jenkins (R-Kan.), David McKinley (R-W.V.), and Sue Myrick (R-N.C.) have co-sponsored H.R.100, the CLEAR Act, that was introduced by Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.). The bill would provide the resources and training necessary to local police for enforcement of federal immigration laws.

Illegal aliens enter the United States in two distinct ways: approximately 60 percent cross a border illegally; and the remaining 40 percent overstay a legal visa. While the Border Patrol is responsible for preventing the first method of illegal entry, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is responsible for finding and removing visa overstays and individuals not apprehended by the border patrol...[Full Article]